Monday, January 27, 2014

Scheduling, The First Step To Successes

This week I won't be talking about the entertainment industry specifically but something that pertains to every aspect of life and that is scheduling. Scheduling is always and important part of completely any set of tasks. After receiving my show assignment for tech I had to go and do massive scheduling for the month of February. Between my show, Greenfields project, musical rehearsal and tournaments, I knew I needed to plan ahead extensively. So first thing I had to do was pull together all my schedules and calenders. Then I had to compile all the dates that I had already filled and deduce when I had time to shoot for my show and for Greenfields. Then I had to double check with other people involved to make sure they were available for those dates too and what dates they wouldn't be available for. By scheduling I can make sure I have everything I need to do planned out and leave extra time in case something unexpected happens. With scheduling I prevent myself from worrying about due dates and when I will fit in stuff. Plus if I do need to reschedule or squeeze something in, a quick peak at my schedule will allow me to figure out if and when I have the time to do so. So to wrap up I suggest everyone practices scheduling in their life. It may be annoying at times but the more you do it, the easier it becomes. Also the more stuff you naturally schedule when receiving assignments or make plans, the easier it is to compile everything together into one big schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment