Wednesday, May 1, 2013

NBS's Drama Renewals And What It Means To Me


NBC has announced the dramas they plan to renew for another season starting in Fall of 2013. Two that I am very attached too are Parenthood and Revolution, which I will be discussing today. Revolution is a action drama created by J.J. Abrams. It takes place in a world where there hasn’t been power for 15 years. The main character is a girl named Charlie who lives in the newly formed Monroe Republic, located in New England area of North America. The show features a great cast that really is the glue of the series. The vision behind it is well placed, I mean who wouldn’t want to see people running around modern cities with bows, muskets and swords? The character complexity though is the real point that you get out of this. You see the human anatomy reacting at it’s core (or how me assume it would) in these situations and the acting is believable. Also you become very attached to the character and that you can’t help to cry and be scared along with them.



On the other hand we have Parenthood. Parenthood is a show that focuses on the Braverman family and them facing the problems in the modern world and faces modern morals dilemmas. These include things such as interracial dating, the job market cancer and many more. The main reoccurring modern problem is that the son Max has asperger syndrome. As someone who has that it really touched me and also brought a lot of attention to it as it’s being seen more frequently. Plus the show being the first of it’s kind to really focus on aspergers brought a lot of attention to it. While it is a bit unrealistic, in the sense that most people don’t go through all these problems among only 3 household families, they still do a good production job of doing it. And the actors do a good job as portraying normal people and so when you watch you feel like you can say “yes that’s me” or “yes that’s my life”. Anyway I’m really excited for these shows to pick up with another season in the Fall and until then I guess I’ll be going back and watching older episodes. If you like to see all the other dramas that they renewed you can click right here. Until next week, I’m Mike “Movie Maker” Knowles, and I’m out.


No comments:

Post a Comment